Thank you for enquiring about entry to King Henry VIII School. We welcome applications from pupils of all ages with the most common entry points being listed below.
Admission to King Henry VIII School is by selection on academic merit. All children are required to sit one of the entrance assessments described below. A school reference will also be sought. A formal interview usually does not take place.
11+ and 12+ entry
This is for entry into Year 7 or Year 8. The examination process is similar at both ages. Pupils will be tested on Mathematics, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non Verbal Reasoning.
13+ and 14+ entry
This is for entry into Year 9 or Year 10. The examination process is similar at both ages. Pupils will be tested on Mathematics, English and Non Verbal Reasoning. Informal, short interviews will be held to discuss Modern Foreign Languages and the Sciences.
Sample papers are available via the links on the right. There is not a set pass mark and each application is considered on its own merits.
Application Form - Entry 2020
Applications can be made at any time throughout the school year for Sixth Form entry. Conditional offers are made based on predicted GCSE grades or international equivalents. Students normally study three subjects and Extended Project Qualification in the Sixth Form. Our entry requirements are as follows:
- Evidence of a positive and mature attitude to work and towards the school.
- Grade 6 as a minimum in those subjects to be carried through to A level, but please realise that most students will start with a grade 9 – 7.
- For subjects which are new at A-Level, such as Law and Business, there are specific grade requirements in related subjects which are good indicators of suitability for the chosen course.
- A minimum average grade of 5.5 across all subjects, with a minimum grade of 5 in Maths and English.
- For subjects that are new at A level, such as Drama and Theatre Studies, Economics, Physical Education, Psychology, Law and Business, specific grades are required at GCSE in subjects which have related skills.
Offers are confirmed once GCSE results have been published.
Admission dates for entry September 2020
Closing date for Applications and Bursary Applications for Year 7 is Thursday 10th October 2019. The Entrance Examination will be held on Friday 18th October 2019.
Entry into other school years
We welcome applications for entry into Years 8, 9 and 10 and are able to conduct an entrance examination at any point during the school year. To register your child please complete an application form and return it to the Marketing Manager, Mrs Suzanne Jackson, together with the Application Fee of £50.
The Coventry School Foundation
King Henry VIII School and Bablake School are the Senior Schools of the Coventry School Foundation, a registered charity. As such, pupils are not able to apply to both schools at the same time.
For further information please contact Suzanne Jackson, Marketing Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 02476 271111.